Hart | King's manufactured housing practice group is widely recognized as the premier legal group to assist manufactured housing communities, mobile home parks and RV parks throughout California. Hart | King has been protecting the rights and legal interests of the manufactured housing community and mobile home and RV park owners for more than 30 years. We represent well over 300 parks and communities statewide. The park and community owners range from single asset owners to national REITS.
We represent community owners and park management to help address any and all of the legal issues that may arise in this highly regulated business. For example, we handle:
- Evictions and rule enforcement including injunctions and workplace violence petitions
- Failure to maintain litigation - defense of community owners in mass tort and/or class action lawsuits filed by tenants
- Operational matters including drafting and updating residency documents
- Purchase and sale transactions and "due diligence"
- Regulatory compliance issues - federal, state and local
- Rent control (applications and litigation)
- Subdivision and redevelopment
- Employment issues - Employment manuals, employee contracts, termination of employees, wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, discrimination claims and DFEH claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Fair Housing Act (FHA)
- HCD compliance issues
- Ground lease negotiations and litigation
Hart | King has a seasoned team of attorneys who regularly appear before municipal, county and state agencies representing park and community owners in connection with all aspects of manufactured home community operation. We assist in rent control and land use disputes. The firm's advocacy team handles arbitration as well as court trials and jury trials. Hart | King attorneys have provided testimony at hearings before the California Senate & Assembly on behalf of the interests of community owners.
We support industry trade organizations such as WMA, MHI, CMHI, MHET, CMPA and CalARVC. Our attorneys present at seminars at various manufactured housing industry conferences and conventions. We host our signature Hart | King Legal Briefing seminar annually where we provide mobile home park and manufactured housing community clients with up-to-date information on new judicial decisions as well as updates on legislation important to the industry. Hart | King attorneys author articles for manufactured housing industry publications and communicate important and timely issues by e-alerts to our manufactured housing industry clients and friends of the firm.
Hart | King is pleased to support the following industry trade organizations and publications: