Rhonda H. Mehlman
714-432-8700 Ext. 353
- Business Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
Rhonda Mehlman is a member of Hart King's litigation department. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Mehlman served as the general counsel for a national restaurant chain.
Ms. Mehlman has extensive experience in general business litigation including; contract, real estate, partnership, insurance bad faith, fraud, trademark, and franchise disputes. Since she's been at Hart King, she has worked on a substantial number of mobile home and real estate disputes. She has also participated in the defense of professional liability cases, and is experience in arbitration and mediation. Ms. Mehlman regularly handles appeals to the California Courts of Appeal, California Supreme Court, and 9th Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Obtained review by the California Supreme Court with directions to the Court of Appeal to vacate an order improperly entered.
- Obtained summary judgment in a real estate fraud case where the Plaintiffs were claiming over $500,000 in damages.
Ms. Mehlman is also a licensed California Real Estate Broker.
Bar Admissions: California
Admitted to Practice: U.S. District Court Central District of California, U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Education: University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 1989 ; Law Review: Associate Editor, UCLA Law Review ; Law Journal: Federal Communications Law Journal
University de Paris III, La Nouvelle Sorbonne, Paris, France Education Abroad Program 1983-1984
University of California, Berkeley, California, B.A., 1985 Honors Students Society Member
Professional Associations and Memberships: State Bar of California, Orange County Bar Association, American Bar Association, 1996 - 2000 Member Forum on Franchising
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Certified Legal Specialties
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising, Member, 1996 to 2000
Current Employment Position
- Senior Counsel