Manufactured Home Communities
Hart King‘s manufactured housing practice group is widely recognized as the premier legal group to assist manufactured housing communities, mobile home parks and RV parks throughout California. Hart King has been protecting the rights and legal interests of the manufactured housing community and mobile home and RV park owners for more than 35 years. Hart King represents well over 300 parks and communities statewide. The park and community owners range from single asset owners to national REITS.
Hart King represents community owners and park management companies to help address any and all of the legal issues that arise on a daily basis in this highly regulated industry. For example, we handle:
- Evictions and rule enforcement, including injunctions and workplace violence petitions
- Failure to maintain litigation – defense of community owners and managers named as defendants in mass tort and/or class action lawsuits filed by tenants/attorneys
- Operational matters, including drafting and updating residency documents
- Purchase and sale transactions and “due diligence”
- Regulatory compliance issues – federal, state and local
- Rent control (applications and litigation)
- Subdivision and redevelopment
- Employment issues – Employment manuals, employee contracts, termination of employees, wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, discrimination claims and DFEH claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
- Fair Housing Act (FHA) compliance
- HCD compliance issues
- Ground lease negotiations and litigation
Hart King has a seasoned team of attorneys who regularly appear before municipal, county and state agencies representing park and community owners in connection with all aspects of manufactured home community operations. We handle rent control and land use disputes. The firm’s advocacy team handles matters via arbitration as well as court trials and jury trials. Hart King attorneys have provided testimony at hearings before the California Senate and Assembly on behalf of the interests of community owners.
Hart King attorneys present at seminars at various manufactured housing industry conferences and conventions. Hart King provides its mobile home park clients with up-to-date information on new judicial decisions as well as updates on legislation important to the industry by hosting webinars, often with other industry professionals as guest speakers. Hart King attorneys prepare articles for manufactured housing industry publications and communicate about important industry issues by e-blasts to our manufactured housing industry clients and friends of the firm.
Connect With A Skilled Attorney Today
Arrange a consultation with a highly qualified attorney at Hart | King today. Email us or call 714-432-8700 to begin the conversation.
Hart King is pleased to support the following industry trade organizations and publications: